Have you always wanted to take the reigns of your own interior design project but want the support and guidance of a professional stylist and interior designer when you need it? Well, welcome to Inscene. Our platform allows you to do all your interior design online in your own time, creating living spaces from scratch online with access to the latest tips, tricks, and trends at your fingertips. No longer will you need to spend days, weeks, and months going from store to store looking for the right piece of inspiration; it’s all right in front of you. So, if you’re interested in taking control of your own interior design in Melbourne, Brisbane, or Sydney, the Inscene team have a few tips to make your online experience as seamless as possible.
Figure Out Which Styles Resonate With You
There might be a dozen different styles that you like, but there’s only a few you’d actually want to incorporate into your home. Your Inscene interior designer in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane can help you narrow down which style will best suit your home, but here are a few tips to get you started.
- What are you currently drawn to? Take a step back and look critically at your home. Take note of the colours you choose, the furniture you love, and the artwork you have around the place. The pieces and styles you’re currently drawn toward are indicative of your taste and style, so when you’re channelling your online interior designer, try to stick close to the things you know you’ll love.
- Build a mood board. For every room you plan to renovate, create a mood board of inspiration ideas. Gradually, you’ll begin to see themes occurring throughout each of your mood boards, and your style preferences will become more apparent.
- Take the Inscene style quiz. Before you meet virtually with your interior designer in Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney, take the Inscene interior design quiz. This quick, fun quiz will give you an idea of your stylistic preferences before you begin designing and planning your renovation.
Tackle Your Interior Design Online One Room At A Time
When you’re on a roll with your planning, it can be easy to get swept away in the creative excitement of interior design. However, the best course of action for your sanity and your budget is to tackle your renovation one room at a time.
- Which room is your highest priority? There will likely be one or two rooms that sparked your motivation to renovate, and these rooms are considered your highest priority. If you get them sorted out first, you’ll create a noticeable improvement to your home, which will push you to keep going. If you arent’ sure which room is the highest priority, we’d recommend starting with the kitchen. It’s the biggest and often the most expensive room to renovate, so if you run out of money, energy, or time, at least the biggest room will be complete.
- Work your way through adjacent or adjoined spaces. If you’re living in the property you’re renovating; you’ll want to create as minimal disruptions to your day-to-day life as possible. The best way to do this is by choosing a starting room and working your way through the home gradually from there.
- Make sure you consult with professionals. Making renovation mistakes can cost you time, money, and energy, so it’s always best to consult with experts before making significant design decisions. Your Inscene interior designer in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane can help you create detailed, high-quality plans that will keep your renovation on budget and on track.
Be Open With Your Online Interior Designer
Your Inscene interior designer in Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney is here to help you make your dream home a reality. Our team of stylists, designers, and suppliers is passionate about creating bespoke living spaces. They love working closely with their clients to help them refine their visions and plan their renovations. However, they can’t do their job to the highest standard unless you’re willing to be open and honest with them. Here are a few things you should tell your online interior designer.
- What you currently love and hate about your home. Everyone has aspects of their home that they absolutely adore, and it’s your interior designer’s job to help you accentuate those features. Likewise, your interior designer in Melbourne, Brisbane, or Sydney will help you remove or hide the areas of your home you don’t love quite as much.
- How you use the rooms in your home. If you spend a fair amount of your time in your bedroom rather than the living room, your interior designer in Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne isn’t going to judge you. Likewise, if you prefer to get takeout and rarely use your kitchen, that’s okay! Your online interior designer is here to help you create a home that meets your needs, so you need to be honest about how you use each room. After all, there’s no sense in spending your budget on rooms you don’t use and neglecting the ones you do!
- Do you or any of your residents have special needs that should be accommodated? Your home should be a comfortable sanctuary with everything you need to live comfortably. So whether you need a spacious floor plan to accommodate a wheelchair or you can’t use certain natural fibres due to allergies, your decorator will factor all of that into their plans when working on your interior design in Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney.
- Your budget. It’s essential to be transparent about your budget so your designer can provide you with options that won’t leave a dent in your wallet. At Inscene, we work with clients with all kinds of budgets, and we always try to deliver the best value for money.
Don’t Be Afraid To Make Bold Choices
One of the best things about online interior design in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane is that you can see your designs digitally before making any concrete decisions. You can tweak your designs as much as you’d like before committing, so if there was ever an opportunity to make bold choices, it’s with Inscene!
- Experiment with colour. If you’ve always been a bit nervous about incorporating bold colours into your designs, Inscene will give you the confidence to try new things. Our platform and easy collaboration with interior designers all over Australia provides you with a risk-free way to try as many colour combinations as you’d like.
- Try new textures. Remember, match style, not fabrics. Create depth in each room with a range of different rich textures. Layer cushions or throw rugs, mix and match furniture, and try to have a bit of fun creating a style that suits you.
- Make an artistic statement. If you have a piece of art you love, don’t be afraid to design your whole room around that one piece. Alternatively, you can play with the idea of a gallery wall and incorporate colours and pieces of furniture that best coordinate with the wall.
- Think about hardware. You mightn’t even consider curtain rods, cabinet knobs, and door handles when designing your living spaces, but choosing something unusual can take your design to the next level. Keep an eye out at antique stores, hardware stores, or online for something that ties your whole room together.
If You’re Interested In Doing Your Interior Design Online, Head To Inscene
At Inscene, we facilitate a platform for homeowners to collaborate with a range of qualified, talented designers, stylists, and suppliers from across Australia to make their renovation vision a reality. We understand that the choice to transform your space is deeply personal, so we provide opportunities for design collaboration. With no complicated fee structures or hidden costs, Inscene is an easy to use, clear, and interactive platform where clients and industry experts can work together to build a customised interior design package. So if you’re thinking about updating the interiors of your home, why not give interior design online a go? Try Inscene today.