It’s always hard choosing a colour palette for a bedroom. You’ll be spending a fair bit of your life in there, so you want to be sure that the colours are absolutely perfect. But how do you narrow it down? And are there specific colours/colour combinations you should avoid in the bedroom? At Inscene, we’ll partner you up with an online bedroom designer who can help you choose a bedroom colour palette you’ll adore, but in the meantime, we have a few tips to get you started.
The Psychology Of Colour
You might not be aware of it, but certain colours impact the way you feel and think. It’s called the psychology of colour, and it plays a huge part in deciding which colours to use in various rooms of the house. So let’s take a quick look at some of the emotions, thoughts, and feelings certain colours evoke.
- Red. This is the most intense colour you can choose. It screams ambition, action, and willpower and will often get your adrenaline pumping.
- Yellow. If you want to bring brightness and positivity into your home, yellow is the way to do it. If your house gets very little natural light, yellow is a great way to liven up the space.
- Blue. Science indicates that blue has the most substantial effect on our thoughts and feelings. It brings down blood pressure, slows respiration and heart rate, and invokes feelings of peace, trust, and relaxation.
- Green. For those of us who love bringing nature into the home, green is the perfect colour. It stimulates thoughts of balance, growth, and restoration.
- Purple. If you’re looking to stimulate creativity, purple is the colour for you. It’s associated with a wide range of positive emotions and has been shown to improve focus.
- Grey. All shades of grey tend to make us feel secure, calm, and peaceful. It’s a versatile colour that can be used throughout the home.
- White. While white symbolises purity, people are sometimes unsettled if too much of it is used throughout the home. We’d suggest using white sparsely and incorporating ivory, cream, and beige instead.
- Black. Drama, power, mystery, elegance; black will definitely leave you feeling empowered and confident.
The Best Colour Palettes To Use In The Bedroom
Now that we understand more about the psychology of colour, you can work with your bedroom designer online to create the perfect colour palette for your bedroom. Our Inscene online room designers will be able to recommend the best choices for you based on how you use the room. We have a few suggestions here to get you thinking.
- Lilac, grey, and white. This combination exudes calm, serene energy, which is ideal for creating a relaxing sleeping environment. The lilac in there will also stimulate your creativity, so you’ll wake up full of ideas, ready to start your day.
- Khaki green, navy blue, and beige. This nature-inspired colour palette is soothing and cohesive. It’s perfect for rooms that get a lot of natural light.
- Light blue, white, and grey. When you step into a room with this combination of colours, notice the ethereal, dreamy quality they bring to the space. This palette is like a breath of fresh air.
If You’re Looking For An Online Bedroom Designer, Check Out Inscene
At Inscene, we facilitate a platform for homeowners to collaborate with a range of qualified, talented designers, stylists, and suppliers from across Australia to make their renovation vision a reality. We understand that the choice to transform your space is deeply personal, so we provide opportunities for design collaboration. With no complicated fee structures or hidden costs, Inscene is an easy to use, clear, and interactive platform where clients and industry experts can work together to build a customised interior design package. So if you’re looking for an online bedroom designer, try HYPERLINK Inscene today.